THE MENTOR LIST PODCAST CHANNEL
- Free Sign Up: Listen and learn from our influencers and CEO's monthly
- Receive monthly updates
- Opportunities to attend events
- Engage with our community
- Connect with us via social
PODCASTING AS A SERVICE
CLIENT SHOW POWERED BY THE MENTOR LIST
- Planning - strategy, setup and Communications Plan
- Execution - strategy to roll out, launch and 4 - 6 week implementation
- Managing - podcast management, show notes and summary, statistics, editing and written article/blog
THE MENTOR LIST SPONSORED CONTENT
- Sub-branded media network
- Sourcing subject matter experts as hosts
- Content creation between host, sponsor and curated by The Mentor List
- Linking external sponsorship
- Revenue sharing arrangement
In July 2016, David Lewis opened the next chapter to his colourful career, taking advice and direction from local mentors and high calibre business people, as well as inspiration from literature and podcasts. David quickly realised that the podcasts were USA-centric and were thereby often un-relatable to most Australians. However, the time spent with professionals in their field was his invaluable turning point. After casually recording a conversation with one mentor, David repeatedly listened to the recording, observing and noting the messages and his reactions. In this humbling and empowering process, David identified his own unique interview style and techniques to draw out the sage advice of mentors. It also triggered a passion to share these newfound qualities via podcasts.
To ensure The Mentor List delivered its audience’s key insights, David surveyed what people really wanted to hear, focusing on topics, lengths and specific questions. Since its launch in November 2016, The Mentor List has quickly developed into a highly recognised and successful brand and channel in its own right, with over 20,000 downloads per month and growing. Up until January 2018, 54 episodes of The Mentor List have been released, consistently ranking within the top listed business podcasts globally on iTunes.
Due to its growing success, David and his growing team are now offering a variety of services*, including podcasting for businesses and brands, and sponsored content for key influencers and brands.
The Mentor List started life as a podcast, providing an avenue for aspiring talent to learn from industry leaders and the world's top business minds, and discover their personal journey to success. Distinctive content included themes on their daily habits, their personal and professional life challenges, and their advice for shaping truly exceptional and passionate individuals. The Mentor List digital footprint since November 2016 speaks for itself:
Following its launch in November 2016 The Mentor List podcast quickly developed into a highly recognised and successful brand and channel in its own right, with over 20,000 downloads per month and growing. The Mentor List consistently ranks in the top listed business podcasts globally on iTunes. Only via podcasting can we provide insights in an intimate way, from key mentors and influencers.
There has never been a better time to be an online content creator. Today, podcasting is the fastest growing digital medium and Australian’s are the fourth largest consumers globally. The Mentor List continues to pioneer the Australian podcast market by providing content, podcast and media solutions for business and individuals embracing the world of podcasting.
We are spearheading this brave new world, where individuals can find their voice and sway consumers to purchase products, use services, and spend their time in particular ways. Previously, only a few individuals could influence the masses in these ways. Today, anyone has this opportunity to start a podcast and build an audience. Businesses are beginning to realise just how powerful podcasters really are the influence they have on consumer behaviour.
PODCASTING IN AUSTRALIA
- Podcasts are soaring. Users can listen to audio content on-the-go and whenever it suits.
- Unlike any other medium, consumers can mix listening to audio with any day-to-day task.
- Australia has the fourth largest number of podcast consumers in the world.
- Podcast audience grew 23% between 2015 and 2016.
- On average, podcast audiences listen to an average of 5.5 podcasts per week.
- Almost 1 in 5 listeners (19%) consume 11 podcasts per week.
- 80% of podcast audiences on average listen to the entire chosen podcast.
- The evening is the most frequent time to listen to podcasts, with 47% of podcasters (M+F)
- listening in the evening, with 44% listening on weekend afternoons.
- Home is where podcasting happens most, with 76% of respondents listening within the past month.
- 64% of podcasts are listened to on a smartphone or tablet.
- The majority of respondents have listened to podcasts for more than 3 years.
- Listening to new podcasts occurs regularly, with 1 in 3 listening to a new podcast in the past week.
- 1 in 2 listeners discovered new podcasts via word of mouth recommendations.
- Mainstream media is making a leap from blogs to podcasts, including ABC, SBS and Channel 9.
- Although content is limited in terms of variety and topics, their presence is a positive indication of a
- growing community for communication and advertising.
- Australian Women’s publisher Mamamia had 7 million podcast downloads in the past 12 months, with an estimated 20 million downloads in the next 12 months.
We work hard from the start to understand our client’s business and uncover the opportunities within their marketing and brand plans. Only with a firm insight into the client’s goals and aspirations can we begin to craft a podcast strategy to align and support this. We also assess our client’s ability to deliver effectively on the microphone. We don’t just create shows for the sake of it. We want to create engaging shows that allow our partner host to put their best foot forward and create great compelling content delivered in an effective way that encourage listeners to explore the back catalogue and return for more episodes.
Our approach is led via Strategy. The strategy typically takes two weeks to complete and involves a series of workshops, information gathering on your business and an audit of the external market. Through the strategy we define aspects to the show, from its concept, purpose and success criteria, to its design and frequency.
Once the strategy is completed we move into the execution of the show and getting it up and running. This is typically done over a two week period.
We are a full service. We make sure you are mic ready so that all you have to do is hit record and speak. We do the rest. We will support you from the strategy and technical setup, through to the Podcast launch campaign, to get you noticed with distinction in the marketplace with your very own show.
Check out some of the shows we have launched or are in the process of launching.