The Mentor List started life as a podcast, providing an avenue for aspiring talent to learn from industry leaders and the world's top business minds, and discover their personal journey to success. Distinctive content included themes on their daily habits, their personal and professional life challenges, and their advice for shaping truly exceptional and passionate individuals. The Mentor List digital footprint since November 2016 speaks for itself:
Following its launch in November 2016 The Mentor List podcast quickly developed into a highly recognised and successful brand and channel in its own right, with over 20,000 downloads per month and growing. The Mentor List consistently ranks in the top listed business podcasts globally on iTunes. Only via podcasting can we provide insights in an intimate way, from key mentors and influencers.
There has never been a better time to be an online content creator. Today, podcasting is the fastest growing digital medium and Australian’s are the fourth largest consumers globally. The Mentor List continues to pioneer the Australian podcast market by providing content, podcast and media solutions for business and individuals embracing the world of podcasting.
We are spearheading this brave new world, where individuals can find their voice and sway consumers to purchase products, use services, and spend their time in particular ways. Previously, only a few individuals could influence the masses in these ways. Today, anyone has this opportunity to start a podcast and build an audience. Businesses are beginning to realise just how powerful podcasters really are the influence they have on consumer behaviour.
PODCASTING IN AUSTRALIA
- Podcasts are soaring. Users can listen to audio content on-the-go and whenever it suits.
- Unlike any other medium, consumers can mix listening to audio with any day-to-day task.
- Australia has the fourth largest number of podcast consumers in the world.
- Podcast audience grew 23% between 2015 and 2016.
- On average, podcast audiences listen to an average of 5.5 podcasts per week.
- Almost 1 in 5 listeners (19%) consume 11 podcasts per week.
- 80% of podcast audiences on average listen to the entire chosen podcast.
- The evening is the most frequent time to listen to podcasts, with 47% of podcasters (M+F)
- listening in the evening, with 44% listening on weekend afternoons.
- Home is where podcasting happens most, with 76% of respondents listening within the past month.
- 64% of podcasts are listened to on a smartphone or tablet.
- The majority of respondents have listened to podcasts for more than 3 years.
- Listening to new podcasts occurs regularly, with 1 in 3 listening to a new podcast in the past week.
- 1 in 2 listeners discovered new podcasts via word of mouth recommendations.
- Mainstream media is making a leap from blogs to podcasts, including ABC, SBS and Channel 9.
- Although content is limited in terms of variety and topics, their presence is a positive indication of a
- growing community for communication and advertising.
- Australian Women’s publisher Mamamia had 7 million podcast downloads in the past 12 months, with an estimated 20 million downloads in the next 12 months.
WHY PODCAST ADVERTISING?
“According to results of a new comScore study, ads within a podcast were found to be the least intrusive when compared with other types of digital ads. And not only do listeners not mind hearing them—they act on them. The study of 2,000 U.S. respondents ages 18 to 49 found that two-thirds of listeners have acted on ads they heard in a podcast either by researching a product or service or by actually purchasing something they first heard about in an episode.”
“The demographics of listeners should also be appealing for advertisers: Nearly one in five Americans between the ages of 18 and 49 listen to podcasts at least once a month with one in three men ages 18 to 34 also claiming to tune in. Listeners tend to have a college education, $100,000 or more in household income and describe themselves as early adopters of tech, movies and consumer packaged goods.”
COMSCORE SAYS PEOPLE PREFER ADS IN PODCASTS OVER ANY OTHER DIGITAL MEDIUM “65 percent of listeners said podcast ads increase purchase intent while another 45 percent said that they’re likely to visit an advertiser’s website after hearing an audio promo. Another 42 percent of listeners said they would consider a new product or service after hearing a plug for a brand, while 37 percent use podcast ads to help research brands.” 65% OF LISTENERS ARE LIKELY TO BUY A PRODUCT AFTER HEARING AN AD IN A PODCAST
WHY ADVERTISE WITH THE MENTORLIST?
The answer is simple. TARGETED REACH. We interview top level CEO’s and leaders in various industries. More importantly, they have incredible influence and reach around the country and potentially the world. Through our extensive network, your products and or services will be heard by actual decision makers who can take action.
HOW YOU CAN ADVERTISE WITH THE MENTOR LIST?
PACKAGE 1. LIVE READ
A 45 second mid-episode endorsement from the host(s), either pre-written or improvised on your discretion.
PACKAGE 2. LIVE READ
1. A 15 second pre-roll presenting sponsorship: •ex: “This episode of The Mentor List is brought to you by *your company here* + company slogan / personal recommendation
2. A 45 second mid-episode endorsement from the host(s), either pre-written or improvised on your discretion.
3. A written endorsement spot on each episode’s post on website and as well as a personalised written endorsements on social media posts.
4. Episode exclusivity (no live-reads for or endorsements of any other products will be performed during a sponsored episode)
PACKAGE 3. LIVE READ
1 Exclusive advertising rights to the podcast(s) of your choice
2 A 15 second pre-roll presenting sponsorship: •ex: “This episode of The Mentor List is brought to you by *your company here* + company slogan / personal recommendation”
3 A 45 second mid-episode endorsement from the host(s), either pre-written or improvised on your discretion.
4 An additional 15 second post-roll presenting sponsorship: •ex: “Don’t forget, this episode of The Mentor List is brought to you by *your company here* + company slogan / personal recommendation”
5 A written endorsement spot on each episode’s post on website, as well as a personalised written endorsements on social media posts.
6 Episode exclusivity (no live-reads for or endorsements of any other products will be performed during a sponsored episode or any other episode of the podcast for the duration of the sponsorship)
7 Twitter accounts link to your company’s site in the description, and episode announcements across all social media platforms include links/tags to your company’s website/social media account.
Speak to us about advertising with any of ur partner channels listed below..
General sponsor per episode $550